MTTS Granite and Marble requires a 50% deposit on all jobs. This deposit is determined by estimating your job from a house plan or blue print. We do not perform a "true measurement" or make templates of your job without it. Our measurements are very time consuming and precise. Once we receive your deposit, we will reserve you an install date, make arrangements to perform measurements/template making, and order your stone material.
Before starting the building process, we will need several things from you:
- The natural stone of your choice.
- The type of edging you want. We have three standard types of edging: Full Bullnose, Flat and Eased. There are many others to choose from; just ask one of our helpful employees to show you the different edging in our beautiful showroom, or visit the edges section of our website.
- For customers wishing to use their existing sink, we will need to measure its dimensions at the time of measurement. For new sinks, it is as follows: WE CANNOT BEGIN CUTTING YOUR GRANITE/MARBLE JOB WITHOUT THE SINK PHYSICALLY BEING IN OUR WAREHOUSE. Granite/marble can be expensive and we do not want to make a mistake cutting your job using the wrong sink.
- We will also need to be provided with your faucet information. Faucet holes are free of charge when drilled here at MTTS. When drilled on site, we charge a fee of $25.00 per hole.
- Lastly, we will need to be informed of your cooktop or stove top needs. For customers wishing to use their existing cooktops, we will need to measure its dimensions at the time of measurement. For new appliances, it is as follow: WE CANNOT BEGIN CUTTING YOUR GRANITE/MARBLE JOB WITHOUT THE COOKTOP PHYSICALLY BEING IN OUR WAREHOUSE. For slide-in ranges and free standing ranges, a model number and specification sheet is needed.
It usually takes around 12 days to custom cut a normal size kitchen. If we have to order your stone and then measure and custom cut your kitchen, it will usually take around 4 weeks. Beautiful things take time and your kitchen is something you will be looking at and using for a lifetime.
Summarizing the process, we will need the following:
- The natural stone of your choice
- The type of edging
- Sink model
- Faucet hole information
- Stove or cooktop model